Welcome to Westlands School
Welcome to our school. Here at Westlands we are determined to do our best to ensure that your child receives the best possible quality of education.
For the past few years the school has gained recognition in the community and from Ofsted for the outstanding quality of education we provide across the ability range.
Our pastoral system here at Westlands is simply second to none. We will do all within our power to ensure that all of our pupils feel safe and secure throughout their school life.
Westlands is a school that embodies a set of traditional values built upon mutual respect and hard work. We welcome all pupils and parents who subscribe to these values.
Ofsted Report 2012-2013
We are delighted to announce Westlands School has achieved an Outstanding judgement from the recent Ofsted inspection under the new school inspection framework. Here are some extracts:
- Teaching is outstanding. Teachers have unequivocally high expectations of all students.
- Mutual respect is at the heart of the vibrant school community.
- Students’ progress in mathematics and English is outstanding.
- Teachers have very high expectations of all students.
- Students’ behaviour is exemplary.
You can find the full new Westlands School Ofsted Report for 2012-13 here.
Parent View gives you the chance to tell us what you think about the Westlands School.
Parent View asks for your opinion on 12 aspects of the school, from the quality of teaching, to dealing with bullying and poor behaviour.
By sharing your views, you’ll be helping Westlands School to improve. You will also be able to see what other parents have said about the school. Or, if you want to, view the results for any school in England.
The hairdressing students and staff extend a warm welcome to the Sittingbourne community to the hairdressing services of Cryallstyles. For your first visit we would like to offer you a complimentary voucher for either a shampoo and blow-dry or a shampoo and set. The voucher can be redeemed for services carried out on Monday or Friday mornings only. More information is available here.
Please quote HAIR1 when booking your appointment.
We look forward welcoming you to the salon.
Phone: 01795412960 Ext: 322
- Considering a career in teaching? #SchoolDirect is an employment based route for high quality graduates. See t.co/Irz7ikCkQ1 Wed Nov 13 11:36:41 +0000 2013
- Swale and Thanet adolescent support services are offering family activity days. Please see the parent section of our website for more info. Wed Oct 23 07:38:57 +0000 2013
- A letter regarding industrial action will be sent home and can be downloaded here t.co/ASlesj7UxY Tue Oct 15 10:56:48 +0000 2013
- Post 16 students will be able to attend school for either private study or lessons with prior agreement with their class teacher [3/3] Tue Oct 15 10:55:53 +0000 2013
- Year 11 pupils engaged in preparation for forthcoming exams may attend school with prior agreement with their teacher [2/3] Tue Oct 15 10:55:48 +0000 2013
- Due to industrial action Westlands School will be closed to Years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 on Thursday October 17th [1/3] Tue Oct 15 10:55:40 +0000 2013
- Please click the link to view the Head of School’s letter informing Parents of the new dates t.co/HDUVzpgQDX [3/3] Wed Oct 02 12:25:24 +0000 2013
- The Trust Schools will be returning 3-4 days earlier at the end of the summer break and extending the October half term to 2 weeks [2/3] Wed Oct 02 12:24:47 +0000 2013
- Please be aware that Swale Academies Trust will no longer follow the KCC recommended term dates [1/3] Wed Oct 02 12:24:28 +0000 2013
- A small but important correction: Our Year 11 students with 5 A*-C including English and maths has been upgraded from 64% to 65% Tue Sep 10 08:44:05 +0000 2013
- Certificates are not available until November and are only available to Year 11 and 6th form. Fri Aug 23 09:42:38 +0000 2013
- Year 10, Year 11 and 6th form results can be collected from the main school office weekdays 10am - 2pm Fri Aug 23 09:38:56 +0000 2013
- 64% of Year 11 students achieved 5 A*-C including English and maths. 91% 5 A*-C. 98% achieved at least 5 grades #resultsday #kentgcses Thu Aug 22 10:05:47 +0000 2013
- We are pleased to announce a record breaking set of GCSE results for our Year 11 students. #resultsday Thu Aug 22 07:00:28 +0000 2013
- To all students collecting GCSE results tomorrow, good luck! Wed Aug 21 19:41:06 +0000 2013
- In the traditional academic A-Levels, 73% of students obtained A*-C grades. Thu Aug 15 13:38:50 +0000 2013
- Average points score per pupil should approach 700 and average points score per entry should be approximately 224. Thu Aug 15 13:37:06 +0000 2013
- Across all the courses, with 109 students and 325 entries, there was a 100% pass rate. 58% of entries were at A*-B and 87% were at A*-C. Thu Aug 15 13:36:49 +0000 2013
- We are pleased to announce an exceptionally strong set of A-Level & Level 3 results for students at the end of 2 years of further education. Thu Aug 15 13:33:42 +0000 2013
- Students enrolling in 6th form should attend school on Wednesday 4th September. Thu Aug 15 06:44:02 +0000 2013