Extreme Weather Plans
Please see the following message from Headteacher, Miss Honess.
As you will have seen in the news, the country is about to experience some extremely hot days. The current BBC weather predictions show that this will peak on Monday and Tuesday of next week, with temperatures of over 30◦C.
I am writing to share with you our plans to help our pupils be comfortable in such extreme weather conditions.
- All pupils will be asked to wear their PE kit on both Monday 18 July and Tuesday 19 July.
- Pupils will not be expected to have their blazer with them.
- Additional water will be provided for pupils during their break, lunch and between lessons.
- Selected lessons (including Art and Dance) will take place in shaded outside areas.
- Each year group will have designated ‘cool rooms’ where they can be before school, during break and at lunchtime – so that those who want to can stay out of the sun can do so.
I would ask that parents/carers make sure their child arrives at school with a water bottle that they can fill up throughout the day, and some sunscreen.
If the current weather forecast is correct, temperatures will drop back down to ‘normal’ summer temperatures on Wednesday 20 July. So, we are currently planning to ask pupils to revert back to the normal school uniform on those days. However, as we all know, the weather forecasts could change significantly over the weekend, so we will reassess our plans for Wednesday at the start of the new week.
I will write to you again on Monday to confirm our plans.
Thank you all for your continued support.